April 27, 2014

Jacob + Beth // Engaged 4.18.14

"We should get jerseys
cause we make a good team..."


Being engaged is funny... at a distance. One moment you're 10,000 feet in the air without any thought of coming down, the next you're alone wondering if it was all real.

But of course it is. You've got a ring, silly.

And at this point, it's all just a matter of time till this phase is over. Goodness. I can't figure all this out.

Since I can't, I figure I might as well share a few of the engagement photos our dear friend Stacey took. We decided to do a few different locations, the first being at the Historic Belknap Mill- the place where we will become Mr. and Mrs. Clifton (:





















Stacey told us that 1: these were the most unique engagement photos she'd taken (we don't know what she's talking about) and 2: Jacob was the most willing guy she'd ever worked with. 

"You actually look like you're enjoying yourself!"

Maaaaybe it's because he was ;)

After the Belknap Mill we took a few photos at the Laconia Antique Center:


But our favorite photos may or may not have been at the dojo. Because yes. We needed workout engagement photos. Surprised?










We did a 12 minute AMRAP of: 

10 cleans at 95/75lbs, respectively
5/12 medicine ball pushups, respectively
5 overhead squats at 95/75lbs, respectively
5/12 pullups, respectively

Jacob finished 5 rounds while I finished with 4 rounds + 10 cleans. Oh well. I tried to keep up with him anyways! At least in the end, we know who the real winner was ;)



"Did you ever picture yourself taking engagement photos at this point in time?" I asked Jacob.

We both knew the answer to that. But goodness me, I'm glad we both ended up where we did. It makes me wonder, for sure. How many times have you been afraid to go to a place in life only to find out that place was exactly where you wanted to be?

Happy days are here again. For now, I'm happy to be almost-Mrs. Clifton. I'm happier knowing regardless of my name, my place will be perfect.



2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I've read/skimmed all your post in the last few days! Stay focused on Jesus, guys! You are such an encouragement. :) I'm a CPer too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ariel! Thank you so much for taking the time to read up and check out our blog! If we can of any encouragement to even one person, that makes us exuberantly happy :) Excellent advice as well- we plan to keep our eyes on Jesus all our days. No regrets, just following him :) Thanks again and be sure to swing by again! :)

    ReplyDelete