November 3, 2013

Intermission: Of You and I (and Maybe Jacob)


"But You can do more in my waiting 




than in my doing I could do.
So I won’t run anymore.
I’m waiting on You..."
                                
                        -Bethany Dillon



2012
2013

So you're all caught up.

Isn't that nice? Maybe it's a little depressing if you were hoping for some hidden bit of information that hadn't been made obvious through Google or Facebook, I'm sorry to say you won't find it here either.

What you will find instead is this- a completely pointless post with a few comparative pictures that maybe none of you have seen... and maybe some things that you've never read.

Why?

Well. Personally, I've realized the best way to appreciate where you're going and where you're at is to remember what you were and what you are. Make sense?

So no, you won't find anything exciting here (i.e. Hey, my name's Beth and I'm moving to NC!!! ....sorry), but you will find a blast from the past, a peek from the future, and a sniffle or two of the present... and if you find yourself realizing that a year ago and a year away can make all the difference in someone (maybe your own) life, then I've succeeded.

Here we go.


June 21, 2012, 10:07PM:



Hey. 


I hope to run into you, figuratively, and maybe say something intelligent. If not, I'll say something unintelligent. Alright? Cool.


08/30/12


11/03/13

June 21, 2012, 10:45PM:

 I hope you know I waited for you. Even in the non air conditioned part of the house, sweating to death. If thats not something, I don't know what is. So go to bed feeling awful, thinking about the fact that I'm over here dying. HA. 


2012
                                                                            


2013 


September 27, 2012, 10:31PM:

 I'm just confused. There's a reason for everything. I just wish I knew so I could act accordingly. I know coming from your perspective, I'm probably coming across as a freakily blunt and strange person that is sucking the joy out of innocent online interaction. AGAIN. Whatever. Oh well. You know why? Because I'd rather be honest and know exactly what you think, rather than doing the culturally stupid wait-5-years-before-I-inform-you-of-what-I-think-this-means-to-me. And I think I do know what you think. But still. I need to know.

2013

2013































July 3rd, 2013, 2:10PM

This time last year, 'we' didn't exist. In fact, 'we' could have never been a reality... 'we' could have skipped off the surface of reality like a stone on water and bounced into oblivion. And in the end, you and I could have considered each other pointless, selfish, and worthless, and given up on talking and gone onto our separate ways.

2012


2013

But. God had a plan. God still has a plan. 

God always has a plan.


November 3rd, 2013, 7:04PM:

It's so funny to think that a year ago was actually... well. A year ago. And when you're lonely and tired and a bit worn out, that's when things get really ugly. That's when you want to change things and want things to get better, but you don't even know what better is. What is better? Really?

And that's when you realize that 2 years ago, you had no idea of what 2012 would bring, just as you have no idea what 2013 will melt into once 2014 rolls along- and yes, it will roll along. Do I really have to waste a year- a whole stinking year- waiting and planning trips and wondering and waiting!? Isn't there a better way, God?

Maybe there isn't a better way. Maybe there is. But all I know is, this is THE way God has planned for me. And statistically, logically, and psychologically speaking, this may not be the BEST way, but to God, it is the way for me. This is the plan.

Anyone ever feel like that? Like you're sitting around, or you're just not where you should be? I don't want to sound like a broken record, but think about it.

Where were you last year? Where are you now? And how has God used you since last year, even if it's been in the smallest of ways?

It's not much, but at the same time, it's everything. Life is a vapor, a breath. And if you're like me and you breathe all day, you understand how quickly a breath comes and goes.

So... think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment