August 7, 2016

What Happened to the Cliftons?

Last blog post was in February.

Woops.

It just so happens that I do not look at this as a bad thing! Rather, I'm glad my life has been so full and busy that I haven't been writing.

Better to live it than write it, correct?

So I know that the masses are dying to hear what has become of us: the CollegePlus (I'm not sure if I can call it that much longer, with the upcoming rebranding and all) couple that was wacky, off the beaten path, and generally enflamed 90% of those they came in contact with, especially in the region of the pancreas.

Here we go.



What are you doing for work?
Both Jacob and I are still happily working at Beyond the Belt. I'm the head instructor at the Laconia location, and Jacob has done a brilliant job building up our new school in Center Harbor. At 53 students right now, he is looking to get the school to 60 before long :)

We have a busy but wonderful schedule and I'm very grateful for all the time I get to spend with him!

Where do you live?
Jacob and I live in Laconia, not far from the Laconia Beyond the Belt. This is very convenient indeed :) We have a nice condo which is inhabited by us, our cat Sashi, and all our dumbbells and food... more or less.

I am grateful that God has given us a space that is big enough to host Jacob's family (in small doses!) when they come to visit!


What's on the menu?
Oh man. Life has changed so much in the grocery department and I am so grateful. The first months of being married included a $65-$70 a week food budget... that may seem big for 2 people, but with Jacob's metabolism and our desire to buy real food, it adds up.

Thanks to God's provision and a little bit of hard work, we are beyond that now! We still don't go out to eat or splurge on food items, but I can now surprise Jacob with a container of ice cream now and again in addition to the normal food budget. Win :)

Generally, we buy the basics: whole foods with basic seasonings. Lots of protein and vegetables, but also lots of good carbs (mostly for Jacob!).

What do you do in your free time?
Working out is a hobby for me (I don't know that Jacob would say the same for him!), but football, playing games, cooking, cleaning, working (We're always working at least a little... small business probs!), watching movies, discussing things, and of COURSE, snuggling. Sorry. I said it.


What's your week like?
Our week is crazy! However, we get to spend a lot of time together, which is a huge blessing. Thank you Lord!

Sunday: Sleep in, eat together, listen to sermons/Bible reading, relaxing time, football in the afternoon and maybe a movie at night!

Monday: Working 8-2 give or take a little, workout, showering and eating, then back to work 3-7:30ish

Tuesday: Training in the AM, workout, lunch together while working at home, work 3-8

Wednesday: Working 8-10, workout, lunch together while working at home, work 3-8, grocery shopping after work!

Thursday: Chiropractor, training in the AM, workout, lunch together while working at home, work 3-8

Friday: Morning private training sessions til 9am, business meeting right after til 11ish, workout, cleaning and lunch with Jacob, down time/hang out time if all my work is done until we leave for afternoon classes at 3:45-4pm about. Classes until 6:15pm and then football game afterwards!

Saturday: Up early for K-Box class, workout, cleaning the dojo before and after, home at 9:30-10am for more cleaning at home and laundry! Then any additional work and weekend time!

Any big exciting news?
Things are exciting in that they are busy, fun, and rewarding. I honestly have had more excitement in watching our life together unfold than in anything we have accomplished, together or as individuals.

The most exciting thing for me is that we are coming up on 2 years of marriage and we still have not had one fight. I remember so many people making fun of us about this point of interest. Everyone said it would happen. Nope. Not for us!

And there you have it!

The Cliftons of 2014 are the Cliftons of 2016... and I can't believe it. I love our little family. I love our parents and siblings. I love our job! And at the end of the day, I hope my biggest regret boils down to not having done enough to help others, rather than what we regret over what we do not own, what we can't afford, etc.

Learning to live with simplicity is relative. God is God (how's that for a statement?).

I hope everyone else is well on this happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you guys are doing well. Congrats on the upcoming anniversary. I love following you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete